Wednesday, April 29, 2009

First Post

Welcome to my new blog. 

I am mostly setting this up as documentation for myself in things that i've done throughout my career.  If there was a particular problem that i've come across, or a script that i've had to write for a particular issue, I will try and post it here.  I hope that the information I post here will help others throughout their journey in IT.  

This will probably be a pretty random blog dealing with issues with VMWare, Automation, Powershell,  scripting, linux, random System Administration tasks, and perhpas some interspersed opinions about current events in IT.  

A little about myself, i'm a System Administrator for an Interactive design firm located in Columbus, OH.  I am a typical jack-of-all-trades system administrator, usually spending my time working on multiple projects at once.  I am proficent in multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix, Solaris, etc.) and spend my time working in each environment (mostly in Windows and Linux though).  The main project I am currently working on is Cruise Control, which is a extensible framework tool, mostly used for Continous Integration in a development environment.  Cruise Control is a wrapper for Ant that allows you to write scripts that can be used in your development environment.

If you have any specific requests on what you'd like to see on this blog, feel free to post them in the comments section, and if I have any information on that subject, I'll post it.

Addendum: Also, be sure to visit the other blog, mostly updated by my wife, discussing our impending parenthood: Geeks in Love

2 comments:

  1. Hi-

    I found your blog via mention on John D. Cook's blog http://www.johndcook.com/blog/2009/05/01/miscellaneous-links/

    I don't know much about powershell, but I'm interested in following info about VMWare, automation, Linux, etc.

    I'm interested in the same sort of things, but from a tester's perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. I'm hoping to post more often on this soon, as you can tell I'm busy getting the house ready for our impending baby, so my posts may be a bit sporadic for now.

    Are you looking for information from a QA perspective, if so, I can do a post on the things I'm doing with Continuous Integration and how it is helping with the Development/QA process.

    ReplyDelete